Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls

Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls
Museum Quality Antique Reproduction Dolls by Connie Zink Land of Oz Dolls

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Bleuette's Get Ready For Valentines Day and "Viva La Valentine" "A Sweet Dolling Retreat"

Good morning everyone, it is Saturday morning and I have been up since 4:30 am! Dennis had to go to work today so I decided I might as well get up and accomplish something also. I spent most of the day yesterday doing a photo shoot with my little 12" Bleuettes. They were anxious to get ready for Valentine's Day and our "Dolly Retreat Weekend"!! They are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of four new sisters! ( I only have eyelashes to paint and then they would have more friends joining their Valentine's party! If I got really busy painting, they would also have a big sister "Rosette" joining in the festivities. Let me share some pictures of the gathering with you before I move on to announcing my "Viva La Valentine" "A Sweet Dolling Retreat Weekend" here at Land of Oz Dolls.


















Now, let me tell you about "Viva La Valentine!!!" "A Sweet Dolling Retreat Weekend". Join us Feb 18th and 19th for a fun-filled weekend with your doll-making friends! Starting Saturday morning at 9:00 am we will be doing a group project, a wonderful "Googly" Hand Mirror!

             






Kits will be provided with painted "Googly" heads with eyes already inset, ready for assembly. Several kit colors and head styles will be available. All supplies to complete the mirror (fabric, laces, trims, hand mirror, batting, pate, instructions, etc.) will be included in the kit price of $50.00 except for the wig. Wigs will be available for purchase or you may bring a wig to use. The wig will be cut in half to fit to the mirror. The mirror workshop will be from 9:00 am - 12:00 noon. We will then have a break for lunch at "Sweet Life Bakery and Cafe". Upon returning in the afternoon we will then begin our "Sweet Dolling Retreat" weekend. Have you ever just wanted to spend the weekend trying to catch up on some of the "dolly projects" you have started but never got back to, be it a painting project or a sewing project??? Well, now is your chance to spend a "Dolly Weekend" with all your "Dolly Friends". I will be on hand for advice, for all of your unfinished painting projects and Pam Willits will be here to help with all those "Dolly Dresses" that were never completed and were stashed away in those dresser drawers!!! Cost for the Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, and all day Sunday retreat is $50.00. This cost will include any china paint firing fees for the weekend. (Sorry but bisque firing will not be available). Please make sure everything you want to work on is ready to china paint. Bring your sewing machine and your own personal sewing tools (iron and ironing board will be provided) if you would like to work on a sewing project. The cost for the "Googly" Mirror and the "Retreat Weekend" are priced separately, you do not have to attend both to participate. Come and join Pam and I for a fun-filled "Dolly" Weekend with some special "Sweet Treats"! For overnight accommodations please contact me for info. Call Connie at 815-565-0024. Until next time "Dolly Hugs" and "Have a Great Dolly Weekend"
Connie


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Connie, I wish I lived close by! The mirror is soooo cute!
I love your darling new dolls, too. They are darling.

Simply Shelley said...

Beautiful ...beautiful dolls...I will be visiting often....blessings