Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls

Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls
Museum Quality Antique Reproduction Dolls by Connie Zink Land of Oz Dolls

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tour of the Doll Room

Good morning, everyone! Well, this has taken me much longer than I anticipated but I have finally made my way all around the doll room with my cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, and reorganizing! Oh, what a job, but so satisfying to have done! This was something I had wanted to do for the last year and finally decided, no better time than now. As you all know, it all started because I wanted to put my pink Christmas tree back in the room that had been in storage for 5 or 6 years. In order to do that, it required a major move around. One thing I have learned in this process, is no more hanging doll plates on the walls at 3:30 am! My neighbor called me last night (we have an entire lot in between us, house is not close) to let me know, he heard pounding the other night, thought it was someone knockng on his door, got out of bed to answer it, no one there, looked up to my second floor, to find me standing by the window pounding nails in the wall, hanging doll plates! Go figure, I didn't know I was making that much noise!
Well, let's get this tour started.







These pictures give you an overall view of the room. Next,  I will post some pictures of the small vignettes around the room. When the doll room was built in 1993, we had the sloped sides of the roof to deal with, so we decided to make the corners of the room to look like small individual rooms. There are three along the south side and two along the north side of the room with lighting built in above. The overall dimensions of the room (it is an L shape) is 28 ft. wide, with the length on one side being about 27 ft. and the other side about 24 ft. Here are some pictures a little closer up, of some of the vignettes around the room.

































Well, I thank you all, for taking the time, to join me on my tour. I hope many of you someday will be able to visit in person. The shop is open by appointment only, but sure would love to see you if you ever get in this direction.
My next post will be some more of my Valentine's Bleuettes. There are now a total of seven at the Valentine's party!
 I also have some exciting news to share! I will be hosting a "Frenchette Retreat" here this year, August 17th, 18th, and 19th, 2012. Next year for 2013 will be a "Bleuette Retreat" on June 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. More details will be posted as soon as I can get all the info together. Both "Retreats" will include a souvenir doll, workshops, banquet dinner and activities such as field trips to antique malls, gift shops, and restaurants.
I also have one or two seats left for the "Viva La Valentine Sweet Retreat" weekend coming up February 18th and 19th. It will be a get together for the "Googly Mirror Project" and just a time to get together with doll friends and work on unfinished projects whether it is painting or sewing. For more details please call me 815-565-0024.



Googly Mirror Project
Well, again thanks for joining me, and have a great "Dolly Day"!!
Oh, I forgot to mention. On the right hand side of the blog, just under the live feed there is a place where you can sign up for the email subscription to my blog. If you put your email address in the box, you will then receive an email from Feedblitz needing you to confirm the subscription, and then you will receive an email of the blog post whenever one is posted.
"Dolly Hugs"
Connie

9 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Oh my, May I please come play? :) Its a beautiful doll room indeed...thanks so much for sharing....blessings

Loretta said...

Dear Connie:
This is a gorgeous dream doll room! It's so pretty! My favourite vignette is the sewing machine corner. Your dolls are exquisite!
HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM DUSTED?
Inquiring minds want to know!

betty said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Beautiful. I enjoyed the tour.
betty
doll-college.blogspot.com

Nancy Marie said...

Beautiful! Thank you for the tour. Loved it. Dolly hugs, Nancy

Linda said...

Just fabulous, Connie, loved all the pictures of the different scenes set up everywhere!

Linda P

thebutterflyswing said...

Oh so beautiful! Would love to take a side trip some day on my way down to Chicago.

Isa said...

Connie congratulation for your beautiful doll room, wonderful view and I'm impress for all details you have. Thanks for sharing with us!

kiddincat said...

Makes my doll room look like a junk room. But I am working on it.

Susie Csik said...

I love your doll room, I have just moved to a new house and have to recreate it as I had in my old house.