Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls

Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls
Museum Quality Antique Reproduction Dolls by Connie Zink Land of Oz Dolls

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's New in July!!! (July 25th 2012)

Good morning everyone!!! It seems like it has been such a long time since I have been able to sit down and write a post to this blog. July has been an interesting month for sure! We started out the month with the continuing efforts of rebuilding our mold inventories. It has been a long process, but we are making great strides. Thanks to the generosity of many people, our mold inventory has grown by leaps and bounds. I have been able to replace many of our cherished molds, along with a lot of new ones that I didn't have before. This gives me the opportunity to play with many new dolls that I hadn't been able to make before so that is very exciting. There are still quite a few molds we have not been able to replace so we are still looking for molds in our immediate vicinity, within a couple hundred miles. If you or someone you know have molds that you would like to give away please let me know. I will have pictures of our mold rebuilding efforts soon. I hope to be able to start working on a new catalog soon, also.

My original plan was to send a new blog post thru around the 4th of July with new pictures of some of my Independence Day Bleuette's. That plan was put aside by a few circunstances. I woke up not feeling well on the 4th of July. As the day progressed, the worse I felt. At the time, I blamed it on the oppressive heat we have had all summer. By evening, I knew that wasn't the case. On that Wednesday evening, after being sick to my stomach all day, the rectal bleeding started. By Friday, I was in the hospital scheduled for both an upper and lower GI. It was found that I had bleeding ulcers. I was able to come home from the hospital on Saturday, but in a much more weakened state than I had been previously, before the 4th of July. I am sure the stress of the last couple months did not help the condition, but the real culprit according to the doctors was my long time use of Aleve for Fibromyalgia pain. The ulcers are doing well, the bleeding has stopped, but I will have to take the medicine for about six months. I have been extremely tired the last couple weeks, but otherwise feeling much better now. Other than some complications, from some of the medications I am taking, I feel pretty good now and have been able to get back to work. I was finally able to finish painting some Bleuettes and a Rosette I had started back in April, so here are some pictures of my Independence Day Bleuettes. Better late than never right???







Premier Jumeau Bleuette

SFBJ 60 Bleuette Gold

SFBJ 60 Bleuette Gold

1907 Jumeau Bleuette Friend

1907 Jumeau Bleuette Friend

SFBJ 60 Bleuette Gold

SFBJ 60 Bleuette Gold

Premier Jumeau Bleuette


On July 15th, I had a visit from the West Central Illinois Doll Club. After a great brunch at Sweet Life Cafe here in Savanna,. the group came for a tour of the doll shop. I would like to thank Karen Swanson for arranging the trip and thank you to Mary, Joyce, Karen, Kathy, Jane, Missy, Beth, Krista,and Karen for coming!


In preparation for the August Frenchette Retreat, I spent a few days at the beginning of the month trying to get my supply room and sewing room organized a bit, so I would be able to set up some workshops in the area. I will have to remove a few things for the weekend but will be able to fit the workshops in some areas here.










Due to all the hot weather this summer, I decided to think ahead to a little bit cooler time. I'm looking ahead to fall. I love fall, it is one of my favorite seasons, come to think of it, I love winter and spring also. What I don't like is the hot days of summer! Give me a blizzard anyday! Two of the Bleuettes and a Rosette I was able to finish this month have also decided fall was there favorite time, so here is a few photos of their fall display.





Rosette Bleuette's Older Sister

SFBJ 301 Bleuette Silver

SFBJ 301 Silver

SFBJ 301 Bleuette Silver

Rosette Bleuette's Big Sister



Speaking of fall, I will be having a fall open house Labor Day Weekend. It will be called "Celebrate the Fun of Fall". I will be open Friday Aug.31st, Saturday Sept. 1st and Sunday Sept. 2nd from 9-5 each day. Also participating is Picket Fence in Lanark and Prairie Path Sampler and Land of Oz Craft Mall in Mt. Carroll. More details will be coming soon. I hope to see some of you then! For now, I need to close, time to get to work on those Frenchette Steiner dolls for the August Retreat. I hope you all have a great week and find some time for those dolly projects!!!
Dolly Hugs,
Connie Zink

No comments: