Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls

Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls
Museum Quality Antique Reproduction Dolls by Connie Zink Land of Oz Dolls

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Land of Oz Dolls is Proud to Announce the Opening of "Roberts' Roost Country Guest House"

Good morning all, I wanted to let all of you know about the new developments at Land of Oz Dolls this summer. When my dad died 10 years ago, I inherited a small 900 plus square foot country home in beautiful northwest Illinois. My daughter and granddaughter lived there for the last ten years until my daughter relocated with her job in June. Dennis and I have spent the entire summer renovating this little home into a beautiful garden retreat. Located only six minutes from Land of Oz Dolls, it is the perfect place for rest and relaxation among the flora and fauna of our beautiful area. It is the perfect place to stay when you come to visit the shop or attend a seminar or workshop.

Let me introduce you to Roberts' Roost Country Guest House:

Roberts' Roost Country Guest House

Here are some photos of the rooms:

Bathroom

"Birds and Blooms" Bedroom

"Burgandy  Bedroom

Kitchen

Living Room

Roberts' Roost Country Guest House sits on one third of an acre that was once part of the original 160 acre Roberts' family farm that has been in my family since 1860. (My maiden name was Roberts). For the complete history of Roberts' Roost please visit the History page of my website: http://robertsroostcountryguesthouse.com/about/ 

Many of you know my second love, after making dolls, is nature photography. Here are some photos I have taken of the flora and fauna of Roberts' Roost.

Indigo Bunting

Swallowtail Butterfly

My Grandpa's Tiger Lillies

Red Admiral Butterfly

Sunflowers

Swallowtail Butterfly on Hosta Flower

Roberts' Roost is steeped in my family heritage. Here is a couple of photos of a large Burr Oak tree that is one of a line of three marking the original lot lines of the property. The trees are estimated to be way over 150 years old.

Dennis and the Burr Oak Tree

Dennis and the Burr Oak Tree

This tree over the years has grown around a metal fence post stake and the barb wire fence. The base of the trunk is one tree that is now splitting from old age.

The views at Roberts' Roost Country Guest House are breathtaking. Here is a photo taken from the outdoor eating area the other night as the full moon was rising.

Full Moon Rising at Roberts' Roost

Sunrise at Roberts' Roost

Campfires are always fun at Roberts' Roost Country Guest House. We have an outside fire pit and picnic area.
Campfire

I also couldn't resist throwing in this photo of my neighbors cows. I stop to visit with them every day. It really is country living at its best. 



Well, it is time to say goodbye, I have given you the highlights of Roberts' Roost Country Guest House. For complete info, rates, and more nature photos please visit: http://robertsroostcountryguesthouse.com/

While you are there please sign up for the drawing for the free two night stay at Roberts' Roost good for anytime in 2015. 

Until next time have a great dolly day, 
Dolly Hugs, Connie Zink


No comments: