Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls

Welcome to Land of Oz Dolls
Museum Quality Antique Reproduction Dolls by Connie Zink Land of Oz Dolls

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Modern Dolls With Painted Eyes

Good evening everyone! I just returned home from the doll-makers show in Midwest City, Oklahoma. Many thanks to Jody Cook, of Our Villa Dolls, and all of the ladies from their group for a great show and wonderful banquet! Dennis and I really had a wonderful time seeing old friends we hadn't had a chance to visit with for several years now.

As most of you know, I mainly concentrate on creating antique reproduction dolls, but occasionally I like to mix in a few modern dolls. I love doing painted eyes. I have a special order that has been sitting here for months waiting for me to get started on it. It will be a 19" all-porcelain Portrait #5 sculpted by Dianna Effner. The mold was produced and sold through Expressions. This doll was chosen for me to do by my client,as it looks like his granddaughter. After I have finished her, I will post some photos of her. In the meantime, here are a few photos of dolls I did with painted eyes several years back.
"Molly" by Connie Zink
This is "Molly" a 24" doll originally sculpted by Dianna Effner. The molds were produced and sold through Expressions. Her eyes were an experiment of colors. I love the way they turned out.

"Ashley" by Connie Zink
This doll is "Ashley" a Dianna Effner sculpture. The mold was produced and sold by Expressions. She makes a 28" doll when completed.. I have painted her with green eyes. 







The little 10" doll above is "Little Lou", another Dianna Effner sculpture from Expressions. This is one of my favorite little modern dolls of all times. I painted her with brown eyes. She is wearing a dress that was created by Sue Sharp of "The Sharp Needle".

I hope you have enjoyed my little tour of a few of the modern dolls I have made. Have a great evening!
 Until next time,
Dolly Hugs, Connie Zink

1 comment:

jenann said...

STUNNING!! I love them all but, unusually for this brown eye lover, Molly is my absolute favourite. Those eyes are about the most real, clear, child-like eyes I've evr seen. You amaze me Connie. Wish we lived in the US and the import was not an issue because I'd have a permanent order with you then.
Jenni xx